Universal switch II
The Smart Home switch controls the main functions at the touch of a button and is either portable or can be wall-mounted.
Smart without a smartphone
The universal switch II allows you to conveniently control up to eight functions using a switch – ideal for children, the elderly, guests and anyone who doesn’t want to carry their smartphone with them at all times.
Control without a smartphone
Assign your eight most important device functions or scenarios as well as additional automations to the four buttons on the smart switch, thus enabling smart control without a smartphone.
2-in-1: remote control and wall switch
Use the universal switch II flexibly to suit you: as a portable remote control – or secured to the wall using the mounting plate supplied.
You can label the buttons using the foil stickers supplied. The embossing ensures you’ll always be able to find the right button – even in the dark.
How it works
Configuring the universal switch
The universal switch II has four buttons. You can assign two actions to each button – one for a short press and one for a long press. This means that you can control up to eight functions using the smart switch.
You can assign the button functions clearly and easily via the app. The following functions can be assigned:
- Switch devices on/off (e.g. your )
- Raise/lower your
- Dim smart lamps ( or )
- Start scenarios
- Switch the alarm system on/off
You can label which button triggers which action using the symbols provided. These adhere electrostatically, meaning you can easily change them at any time and reuse them multiple times.
Extra tip: You can also use each button to trigger individual automations.
Use as a flexible light switch
We know from speaking to our customers that the Bosch Smart Home universal switch is frequently used for controlling lights.
- With the smart lamps from and , the following actions are possible: Switching lights on/off or dimming lights in 10 percent increments.
- You can also switch lights that you control using on and off conveniently using the universal switch.
- Using automations executed at the same time, you can also switch lights off again after a set time or start other lamps with a delay. For example, you can configure the following: IF the light is switched on, THEN it is automatically switched off again after 5 minutes.
Control your shutters, Venetian blinds and sun blinds with even more convenience
There are three pre-sets to choose from for configuring your smart shading:
- The shutters move fully up/down when you press the button.
- A short press on the button makes the shutters move up/down – a long press causes them to automatically move to your favourite position.
- A short press on the button makes the shutters move up/down – a long press controls the tilt of the slats.
Start scenarios and automations
The smart universal switch II is not only designed to control single devices:
- Using individual scenarios, you can control several devices at the same time by pressing just one button. For example, your “Leaving home” scenario switches off all the lights, turns down all the radiators and switches off the power to smart plugs.
- In addition to your eight favourite functions, the versatile Smart Home switch can also be used to trigger individual automations according to the if-then principle. For example, you can configure the following: IF the button is pressed AND the shutter position is at >80% AND it is night time, THEN switch the light on.
Facilitating control for everyone
Children, elderly people, guests, … – with the universal switch II, you are no longer dependent on smartphone access to the app in order to control your smart home. This has a great many advantages:
- Simplicity: Using the Smart Home switch is even more intuitive than controlling the app.
- Clarity: The clear symbols indicating the various buttons mean that guests will also have no trouble operating the switch.
- Inclusion: The embossing on the buttons makes it easier for people with visual impairments to find their way around the switch.
- Safety: You can make sure that the buttons are only assigned the actions that everyone in your household is permitted to trigger – special settings remain reserved for you.
- Smartphone detox: As modern life is so heavily dominated by screens, many people enjoy the compatibility of smartphone-free time and a smart lifestyle.
Das sagen Kunden
Universal switch II
- Universal switch II
- Button cover
- Battery compartment cover
- Mouting plate
- Button sticker set
- 2 x AAA-Batteries
- Quick start guides and legal information
In conjunction with the sale of batteries or supply of devices that contain batteries, we are obligated to point out the following:
Used batteries should not be disposed of in the household rubbish. Consumers are obligated to take batteries to a suitable collection point provided by retailers or municipalities.
The symbols on the batteries have the following meaning:
The symbol of the garbage can crossed out by an X means that the battery must not be disposed of in household waste.
Pb = Battery contains more than 0.004 percent lead by mass, Cd = Battery contains more than 0.002 percent cadmium by mass, Hg = Battery contains more than 0.0005 percent mercury by mass
Please note the instructions above.