Light/shutter control II used as:
The smart control for your lighting – flexible and convenient
Smart Home light control: Makes existing light switches smart
Your smart light switches look completely ordinary. But there’s something no one can see: Behind the ordinary-looking switch is the Bosch Smart Home light control. This means that you can also control your light via app, voice command, switch, and much more – for more convenience, sustainability and safety.
Flexible control of your lighting
With the Bosch Smart Home light control, you can make your existing lighting smart and control up to 2 switch circuits separately – via the normal switches, but also via app, voice command and many other options.
Smart light switch? Or would you rather have smart controls for your shutters, Venetian blinds or sun blinds? The smart helper can do it all! You choose the purpose during installation – and you can also change it later if you need to.
out of sight
Your Smart Home adapts to suit your house: Simply integrate your light control behind existing switches, in junction boxes or even outdoors with the aid of waterproof installation boxes.
Here’s how it works
Switching the light off automatically – after a predefined time
Oops! Has the light in the cellar been left on all day, since the last time you were down there? In the Smart Home, these times are long gone!
To be on the safe side, even if you forget to switch off a light every now and then, you can now activate the timer function in the app :
Simply define a time after which the selected light is to be switched off automatically – from 1 minute to 1 hour, anything is possible.
In this way, your Smart Home light control will take care of any forgotten energy guzzlers on its own – and you can keep a clear head for other things.
Setting custom time programmes
Do you always switch your lights on and off at the same times every day? Then let the Smart Home lighten your load:
With custom timers, you can adapt your lighting to suit your everyday routine.
Simply create your profile in the app and it will run through the specified programme each day without further ado, provided you have set the light control to “automatic”.
In this way, for example, your smart lights brighten up your start to the day automatically from 6 a.m. when the alarm goes off until you leave the house at 7 a.m. from Monday to Friday – and at the weekends, they let you have a lie-in.
Use lights for more safety and security
Smart lights provide more safety and security in your home – this is because they are part of several pre-configured services that you just have to activate if you need them:
- Motion light : switches your lights on automatically (and off again after a pre-defined time) when a motion detector detects a movement. This reduces the risk of accidents and is especially practical for hallways, stairs or at night.
- Presence simulation : switches your lights and other smart devices on and off following an intelligent random principle. This makes your home look occupied when you’re not home – a preventative measure for warding off burglars.
- Fire safety alarm system : switches your smart lights on if there’s a fire so that you can see where you need to go to leave the house as quickly as possible through the smoke.
- Break-in alarm system : the bright lights cast a spotlight on the burglar to scare them off, and also to quickly catch the attention of watchful neighbours.
Integrating lights into scenarios & automations
As well as the pre-defined services, you can also incorporate your Bosch Smart Home light control into scenarios and automations. You can create personalised scenarios and automations in your Bosch Smart Home app.
- Scenarios : Control several lights or other devices at the same time – with just a tap of your finger. Group together several lights in the “Upstairs lights” scenario, for instance, or add lights to your “Leaving home” scenario which puts various smart devices into the correct state for your absence.
- Automations : Control your lights using the if/then principle. To do this, simply create a suitable automation. In this way, your lights always know how to react in which situation, for example: “If sunset, then light in living room on” – and then you can experience the light coming on automatically when it gets dark outside.
Extending the radio signal range for smart devices
Practical: With your light control, you can automatically extend the radio signal range for certain devices in your Bosch Smart Home system.
This also allows you to place these in faraway places such as the cellar or attic without any issues.
The light/shutter control acts as a Smart Home repeater for the following devices:
- Motion detector
- Water alarm
- Outdoor siren
- Smart plug compact
- More light/shutter controls
Light/shutter control II
- 1 Light/shutter control II BMCT-SLZ
- 1 user manual in 11 languages