The universal, smart control option for your electrical devices – both flexible and convenient
The most flexible solution for smart switching
The smart switching relay is your universal all-rounder for smart switching: Garage doors, smart irrigation systems, ventilation systems, pumps, lighting or conventional sockets – the range of possible uses is virtually limitless.
The smart relay uses potential-free contact for switching a range of electrical devices – e.g. suitable garage doors, garden irrigation systems, ventilation systems, pumps, sockets and lighting.
The Bosch Smart Home relay is flexible to install behind existing wall switches and buttons or in junction boxes – and even outdoors in weatherproof installation boxes (e.g. IP66).
You can control the smart relay in a number of different ways – using the connected wall switch/button, by voice, using custom scenarios, automations and time programs, as well as remotely via app.
Make your garage door smart
A popular application area for the Bosch Smart Home relay is as a smart garage door opener.
Do you open your garage door manually using a switch and by remote control? With the smart relay, you can make your garage door smart and thus
- open and close it using the app or voice commands.
- When used in combination with the , you can see whether the garage door is open or closed at any time, no matter where you are – and be reminded to close it if necessary.
- Integrate your garage door into Smart Home automations or scenarios. Example:
IF you activate your “Leaving home” scenario AND the on the garage door signals that it is still “open”, THEN close the garage door.
Create a smart irrigation system
Switching the lawn sprinklers on and off manually is a thing of the past! With your smart relay, you can make your garden irrigation system smart. Simply install it in a weatherproof installation box (e.g. IP66) and you can:
- Control the irrigation system by app or voice.
- View the status of the smart garden irrigation system at any time.
- Integrate your lawn sprinklers etc. in scenarios or automations. Example: IF it is sunrise, THEN switch the smart garden irrigation system on AND switch it off again after 30 minutes.
- Switch the garden irrigation system on and off automatically using a time program, which can be set individually for each day of the week.
Make your sockets smart
The Smart Home relay is one of two ways to make traditional electrical appliances smart:
- Option 1 – the flexible, moveable variant: Plug the into the appropriate socket to give you smart control of the power supply to the connected devices.
- Option 2 – the space-saving variant: Install the smart relay discreetly behind the socket to give you smart control of the power supply. This is also particularly practical for sockets that are hidden behind cupboards and sideboards.
Thanks to the integrated switching relay, you can now control the socket flexibly: when on the move, via the app or in the conventional way using the switch, using voice commands or a timer, as well as with custom scenarios and automations.
This also helps to save energy: Simply cut off the power supply to stand-by devices automatically at bedtime or when you leave the house – thus relieving the strain on the environment and your wallet.
Make the ventilation system in your new build smart
Your ventilation system provides fresh ambient air on a time-controlled basis – but wouldn’t it be handy to also be able to react spontaneously to poor air quality?
The Bosch Smart Home relay can make ventilation systems smart. All you need is a switch input for external control. Simply install the switching relay here and take advantage of the flexible control options, using the app, voice commands or automation.
Extend the wireless signal range for smart devices
A handy side effect of your smart relay is that it automatically boosts the wireless signal of certain devices in the Smart Home system that use the ZigBee wireless standard (see type plate, all 2nd-generation devices).
This allows you to control a device smartly and at the same time extend the range of the wireless signal into faraway areas, such as the basement or attic.
The Bosch Smart Home relay acts as a Smart Home repeater for the following devices:
Smart Home Relay
- 1 Smart Home Relay BMCT-RZ
- 1 user manual in 11 languages